Wednesday 22 May 2013

Compositing - field

To comp the field scene I built exactly the same tree as in the ruins scene. the only difference are the settings on the ColorCorrect nodes.

However, when I looked closely I was getting a shadow on the forest in the background. This happened because when I was modelling the ground plane in the beginning I had image plane on and ground continued behind it even though I couldn't see it. To fix it I could remodel the ground plane and rerender only the shadow pass or roto the shadow out. I chose roto. I added new node and rotoscoped  the shadow.


I added Roto node just after the Read node with the shadow sequence.

I also added several more Constant nodes to enhance the shadow colors,

This is how the tree looked like in the end


No comments:

Post a Comment