Tuesday 15 January 2013

Look Development

I was still at the stage where I didn't know the colours and textures of my character. To quickly decide how it will look, I made three renders and and made 7 different textures in 2D using Photoshop.

Here are the three renders:




To make these renders I used simple Blinn materials where I changed the overall colour and the specular colour. I could render the character using only grey colour as I did in the last render but having some variety in colour will give me more ideas when working in Photoshop.

In Photoshop the only change I did to the renders was the change oh hue. This quickly gave me a lot more of colour examples. Then I could browse my texture library and quickly add it on top of the render changing  different blending options.

Here are 7 designs that could lead me somewhere with this character:








I'm going to choose one design and create a 3D texture for it and then test it in different environments.

No comments:

Post a Comment