Saturday 12 January 2013

Zbrush

Now it was time to begin sculpting. The sculpting went really smoothly as I took a time and created an ordered base mesh. To show that the character is much bigger than a regular fly, I decided to give it a skin details. To achieve it I used ClayTubes brush. It leaves very nice texture while adding a volume at the same time. Based on the design the character is covered with bumps, so to get that effect I used Standerd brush with a round alpha. Changing the stroke to DragRect helped me to control the size of the bumps.

To get the insect-like eyes, I had to create my own alpha. I went to Maya and created a lot of spheres and they really look like the insect eye pattern.


Once I was happy with the model I rendered it from all angles in Zbrush to look at it and see what needs to be changed.


No comments:

Post a Comment